Scar tissue remediation & Palpation of scar tissue
In a world where feeling your body is not a high priority, the loss of sensation from scar tissue is accepted as normal. Sexological bodywork practitioners have noted significant loss of sensation and erotic impairment due to scar tissue. The good news is that massage on the scar tissue–especially with castor oil–can bring back sensation.
Scar tissue is made up of collagen fibres. In healthy connective tissue, the collagen fibres line up in a regular fashion, and create an organised “grain” along the striated nature of the structure it overlies or connects. Tendons and ligaments have a grain that reflect the pull of the muscles and bones to which they connect. When an injury occurs, fibroblasts produce collagen to repair the damage. Fibroblasts do not make collagen to follow the “grain” of the original tissue. The new collagen is disorganised, like a bird’s nest of new protein. It is denser than the original tissue, and can stick surfaces together that were meant to slide & glide over each other.
Scar tissue transmits strain over a wide and sometimes unpredictable area. Scar tissue can travel through many layers of tissue in addition to the site of the origin injury.
Scar tissue shortens the original length of the tissue and also weakens it. Another word for scars is “adhesions”. Notice how the new scar tissue shrinks the original length of the injured tissue, creating a weak spot. Scars beget more scars because the injured tissue gets progressively weaker and less flexible as the scar tissue continues to re-tear.
Abdominal surgeries cause scars
- Scars can cause postural stress by compressing organs, and create even more adhesions
- Scars from abdominal surgery can create an imbalance in the pelvis & spine
- Sexological bodywork and inter-anal massage can be a valuable tool to work with abdominal adhesions.
Childbirth causes scars
- Sexological bodywork and internal vaginal massage can be a valuable aid to working through scar tissue in the vaginal walls.
Endometriosis causes scars
- Sexological bodywork can be a valuable tool when working with scar tissue due to endometriosis
Injuries cause scars
Tailbone injuries can cause pain during intercourse
- The tailbone can be deviated due to falls, Sexological bodywork & internal
- Anal massage may help to realign a deviated tailbone
Still Curious about Scar tissue remediation and how it could be supported with Sexological Bodywork?
Appointments and enquiries
Should you have questions or be curious, please call 61 416 012 862 or email email@example.com